Hi guys. I am back again with another edition of iBake. Baking has always been another hobby of mine.
I have Been baking at an early age.
My first attempt at baking sausage roll….. hmmmm lets just say concrete for building was no match for my sausage roll. 🙂
But that was way back, I never gave up that day I continued until I got it right. I even proceeded to bake my mum’s birthday cake the year after! Whoop 🙂
Banana bread has its own health benefits and its recommended if you want to have low fat treats at home.
Lets begin shall we.
- 3 ripe Banana
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 a cup of honey or sugar
- 2 cups of Wholewheat flour or plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 cup of Buttermilk* (see note below)
- Mixed nuts of your choice. I used pecans, hazelnuts, almonds and Brazilian nuts
- baking loaf tin
- Wooden spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic baking spatula
Prep time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 1 hour
Preheat the oven to about 180 degree’s.
Butter the pan and set aside.
Measure the buttermilk or if you don’t have at home see my note below
* if you don’t have buttermilk at home, not to worry. Simply measure 1 cup of milk and add either 1 tablespoon of Lemon or vinegar to the milk. Mix together and let it sit for about 15 minutes. There you have it. Homemade buttermilk 🙂
Peel and cut the banana. Add it into a bowl and mash.
Next In another bowl, add the butter (room temperature) and sugar and mix until smooth and creamy.
Pour in the beaten eggs, vanilla extract and buttermilk.
finally add the flour mixture. Add it gradually and mix slowly until all the flour has been used up.
Do not open the door until after the timer has gone off or else it will rise and collapse. (You can however check after 45 minutes, insert a toothpick. If it comes out clean, then its done, it is comes out sort of sticky, leave it to bake for the full hour.)
Remove from the oven. Allow it to cool down for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
After removing frim the pan, place in a cooling rack.
Slice and enjoy with a nice cup of tea.
Thats it from me.
Love Duchess O